Have you analysed your student life?

In my previous blog dated 02-Jan-2016, I asked a question ‘Are you one among this 18% ?’

I am not sure how many of you have given it a serious thought. If you haven't yet, please start by asking yourselves the following questions:
  •  Have you enrolled yourself in an engineering course by choice or under parental pressure?
  • What is your purpose for enrolling in the engineering course?
  • Have you thought about how to best utilize the 4 years  of the course to achieve your purpose?

During my school days I had no ambition of pursuing an engineering degree. It was under parental pressure that I had to prepare for the engineering entrance exam. I failed to qualify in the entrance exam. Therefore, my parents had to enroll me under the management quota in an engineering college in Hyderabad.

I signed up for the computer science engineering course. My only purpose then was to complete the engineering degree and move abroad for higher studies, which I eventually did. The reasons behind choosing that one purpose were many. I will be sharing them with you in my upcoming blog posts.

Soon after the completion of my degree I realized that I could have utilized the 4 years of my course in a much better manner. Sadly, it was too late then. I will be sharing the details of ‘why’ in my upcoming blog posts.

I passed out with a ‘first class’ in 2006. 10 years from then, I have no regrets to have pursued engineering degree under parental pressure. The degree helped lay the foundation to the successful career I have today here in the United Kingdom.


This is my story, what is yours? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do you know your challenges? - Blog post 5

What are the reasons for your failure in academics?

Do you know your challenges? - Blog Post 3